Slow Season at Camp MiVoden
by Michael Jeffery
Hayden Lake, ID. November 28, 2011
Though the summer sessions end on Labor Day in September each year, we are still quite busy with groups each weekend until the second weekend in November. Which means that come mid November we start what we call our "Slow Season". I'm not totally convinced how slow it is as this is the time we do a lot of big projects and a lot of much needed organization of various areas.
Some of the "smaller" projects are doing inventories for areas like the kitchen, housekeeping and of course the MiVoden Store. Inventories can take up about a weeks worth of time among all three areas, sometimes more. One of the annual bigger projects we do is refinishing the cafeteria floor. This project takes about one and a half weeks to strip and refinish, then it has to rest for two weeks after the last coat. This rest period allows the floor to harden properly before we start using it again.
What kind of year end projects do you have?
- NEW! Camper Care Packages 02.08.2012
- Slow Season brings time to catch up 11.28.2011
- Family Camp 4 - Mini Camp Now Available 03.02.2011
- UCC Annual Men's Summit 02.21.2011
- UCC 2nd Annual Pathfinder Teen Leadership Retreat 02.08.2011
- Registration Now Open For Youth Camps 2011 11.09.2010
- Camp MiVoden is currently taking applications for staff for Summer 2011. 11.09.2010